St. Charles African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church - Rockland County, New York

(Description taken from Historical Society Plaque at the site) "This church, built in 1897 is successor to the Skunk Hollow Mountain Church of 1856 (Methodist Episcopal Church of Coloured People) and the 1865 Swamp Church of Palisades (an A.M.E. Zion Church), both organized by the Reverend William Thompson. The stone for this building was cut by William Brown, master builder, and others. The church was named for Charles Kingsley Taylor whose widow was a principal benefactor.

All Media

(Description taken from Historical Society Plaque at the site) "This church, built in 1897 is successor to the Skunk Hollow Mountain Church of 1856 (Methodist Episcopal Church of Coloured People) and the 1865 Swamp Church of Palisades (an A.M.E. Zion Church), both organized by the Reverend William Thompson. The stone for this building was cut by William Brown, master builder, and others. The church was named for Charles Kingsley Taylor whose widow was a principal benefactor.